November was… busy. December will be too.
- 🟡 Get 1% faster.
- 🔴 50% less discretionary spending. I spent about twice as much this month as my average in 2020—between holiday flights, a trip to New York, and Black Friday, I blew my spending record for the year out of the water.
- 🟡 One hour of solitary free time a day.
- 🟡 Twice-weekly live conversations with friends.
Track & Fitness
- It’s almost track season! Training is going well now that my hamstring is in a good place again. My first meets will be in January; I’m pumped!
I’m taking a break until the new year or so—I’ll be back with more cOnTenT soon enough
- Private Truths, Public Lies: The Social Consequences of Preference Falsification by Timur Kuran
- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe by Douglas Adams
- Wanting: The Power of Mimetic Desire in Everyday Life by Luke Burgis
- Life, the Universe and Everything by Douglas Adams
- Crazy Like Us: The Globalization of the American Psyche by Ethan Watters
- So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish by Douglas Adams
- The Cult of Smart: How Our Broken Education System Perpetuates Social Injustice by Fredrik deBoer
- Why We’re Polarized by Erza Klein
Links & Quotes
Software & Tech
Track, Fitness, & Health
- You’re probably wrong about how much sleep you need
- YOU NEED MORE LUMENS
- Pascalian Medicine
- New Concerning Variant: B.1.1.529
- 100,000 lumens to treat seasonal affective disorder: A proof of concept RCT of bright, whole-room, all-day (BROAD) light therapy
- Ivermectin: Much More Than You Wanted To Know
- Asymmetry in sprinting: An insight into sub‐10 and sub‐11 s men and women sprinters
- Transgender men talk about life on the other side of the gender divide
- How to Save a Ski Town
- What Really Happened at the Millennium Tower?
- Pessimism About the U.S. Economy Comes From Unhappy Consumers
- It’s Mostly a Demand Shock, Not a Supply Shock, and It’s Everywhere
- The Billion Dollar Airline Routes
- Secrets Of The Great Families
- The Melancholy of Subculture Society
- Why Tokyo Works
- Why the Future of Delta and American Airlines May Depend on Frequent Flyer Miles
- How credit cards make money
- Meet skimpflation: A reason inflation is worse than the government says it is
Enjoyed this post? Follow me on Twitter for more content like this. Or, subscribe to my email newsletter to get new articles delivered straight to your inbox!